Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

I'm sure there are a zillion posts out there about Mother's Day, but somehow that doesn't seem like enough. So now there are a zillion and one.

I have had a fabulous Mother's Day, after a little scheduling snafu before church this morning. Knight and my brother, MusicMan, had a little misunderstanding about who was supposed to do the sound board this morning, which resulted in a phone call from the music director at 7:30 a.m. because nobody was at rehearsal. They worked it out, with my brother agreeing to cover so that Knight could sit with me for Mother's Day. (Thanks, little bro!)

Also, we had our nieces (ages 10 years, "Big Daisy", and 1.5 years, "Little Daisy") and Knight's Dad with us for the weekend so that my s-i-l and her hubby could have some quality time.

I dashed out at 7:00 this morning to pick up cinammon rolls and donuts for breakfast. Basically, I rolled out of bed, poked in my contacts, brushed my teeth, and threw on a hat... and ran into my high school English teacher at the grocery store. Natch. She was nice and understanding, and we wished each other Happy Mother's Day and went on our ways.

The pastor gave a very nice sermon about the many hats that we mothers wear... some ladies in the church had decorated the stage with bunches of ladies' hats, and that was very cute. The pastor's sermon was titled something along the lines of "How Mothers Can Maintain the Right Hattitude" and we all groaned appropriately when he announced it. :P

After church, we met Deanan and her hubby at a local Mexican food restaurant for lunch. It was early (11:00) in an effort to beat the lunch rush. Little Daisy, who honestly had been a perfect angel all weekend, promptly melted down for her mother. We ended up getting all the food to go and taking it back to the house to eat. I think Little Daisy was just overstimulated; once we got back to the house, she settled down and played. The food was yummy, as always. It's one of my favorite restaurants!!

Then Deanna and I headed to Coldstone Creamery to pick up ice cream for everyone. Yummy! Their clan headed out shortly after that.

Knight and Jet settled on the couch, and Jet promptly crashed. He and Little Daisy played really hard this weekend, and I think it finally caught up with him. I headed off to our bed for the Traditional Annual Mother's Day Nap; three and a half hours later, Knight's phone rang and woke us all up. I can't believe Jet slept that long!!! I slept so hard I dreamed, and I thought Knight's phone was my alarm. I woke up in that panicky-holy-cow-why-is-the-sun-already-up adrenaline rush (my alarm usually goes off at 4:45 a.m. -- still pitch black at that hour).

My parents came over so that Knight could borrow my dad's pickup truck to go get some stuff for work. While he was gone, they took us to dinner -- nothing fancy, but it was fun to be out with them and Jet.

Knight came home with a bottle of wine and some chocolates, and a very sweet card. :)

He's currently getting Jet to bed, and I'm looking forward to my promised Mother's Day foot rub... and we'll see what happens after that! ;)

Oh, and P.S. Happy Mother's Day to my Mom, Granny and Mokie!!! I love you!

3 comments:

Ry said...

How wonderful! My day was great, too!

Lady M said...

Happy (late) Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Hi you don't know me ... I was just passing ... found with a hop & a random "next blog" jump out of mine ..!

You're right about Mothers' Day! It really stands out to me because we did Mothers' Day (here in London) over a month ago!!!

You're welcome to drop by my blogs, if you like! My main one's called gledwood2.blogspot, that is my online journal where I "confess" my sins. My other 2 are video blogs: one musical, the other more sundry. I've also just installed my personal chat room with Gabbly so you can even talk to me in real time when I'm there..!

Take care of yourself. This is a lovely blog you've got here. All the best

Gleds
"Gledwood Vol 2"