I wish I could add something fun like "... from vacation!" But I can't. I mean, I guess I could, but if this has been a vacation, then I think I'll just stay at work. :)
I have felt bad for not posting, but mostly because it seems to be a very healthy thing for me to do for myself. I enjoy writing out my thoughts and recording things that have gone on in our lives. Of course, I also enjoy reading the comments.
After much praying, we've decided that I should teach next year. I'm very excited about it! There are lots of reasons why:
- Knight is looking at a career change, and I feel that I can best support him by continuing to work. My heart's desire is for him to have a job where he's satisfied, and I feel that I'd be hanging him out to dry if I didn't support him this way. He'd be trying to find that job, along with worrying about totally supporting our family.
- God has given me a job that I love and am very passionate about. It's not like I have to go work at Wal-Mart to help support our family! I've also been brainstorming ways to make things run more smoothly at work, and have come up with several ideas that have been approved by my principal. More on that later.
- Jet is in a fabulous child care situation. It's not like I'm worried about him being safe, happy or loved. He's made friends and is learning! I'm actually kinda worried that I wouldn't be able to compete with the stimulation that his playschool provides. :) It seems like it wouldn't be all that beneficial to take him out of that situation, only to put him right back into it a year later for preschool.
- This is probably the thing I'm the most excited about: Depending on Knight's income, we're going to work really hard to put money in the budget for someone to come clean the house about twice a month. The real reason I feel guilty for working is because I'm NEVER caught up at home. I feel that I'm not being the wife and mom I should be because my house is ALWAYS messy. If I can get someone to come in and scrub floors, bathrooms, kitchen, and do the dusting every other week, I'd be in heaven. Those are the things that don't get done because I'm exhausted and wanting some family time after I spend all day Saturday picking up and doing laundry! (This also ties in with my unhealthy obsessions. See #1 and #6 here.) Our house isn't all that big, so hopefully it'll be affordable. My mom already has someone who does her house, and I'm hoping that same person will be available for me!
- I'm going to stay home with Jet this summer. I feel like that will give me a chance to catch up on some mommy/son time, as well as finish getting the house organized (we moved in last October, and I haven't had time to get us really "settled in"). I'm so excited about being with him! I've taught for 7 years, and I've never taken a summer off. I've taught summer school for three years, then had Jet one summer (which doesn't really count because I was so, so sick for the rest of the summer after he came), spent one summer taking two semesters of physics in preparation for my composite science certification exam (which was a guilty pleasure because I could be a career student), and then last summer I was actually up at the school about 20-30 hours a week working on the new lab. I have visions of us going to the park to feed the ducks in the mornings and napping together during some afternoons and having playdates. Fun!
I have a million other things that have been going on that I want to post, but laundry and budget and mopping (oh, my) await my attention. Hopefully I can post some of them intermittently today.
It's great to be back!!!