Monday, February 19, 2007

10 Weird Things About Me

I picked up the tag from Heather to list 10 weird things about me... So, here goes.

1. I have an unhealthy obsession with organization. I like everything to be in its place, all the time, and I heap undue amounts of guilt on myself when it isn't. I'm working on that, though. Having a two year old helps, I think.

2. When I was 15 and the Dallas Cowboys were at the beginning of their reign as Super Bowl Champs, I told my dad that I wanted to grow up and marry Troy Aikman. He said that if I could talk Troy Aikman into it, he'd sign all the papers so I wouldn't have to grow up first. Never happened.

3. I pray for my family every morning. That's probably fairly normal, but what may be weird is that I also pray for any and all of Jet's future girlfriends and his future wife. I pray that God will bless my son with wisdom and discernment, because all girls have cooties. Seriously, though, I fervently pray for male friends that will sharpen Jet, and wisdom on Jet's part to choose friends and girlfriends that would please God. I pray for his future wife, wherever she is, that God will bring friends into her life that will sharpen her and for wisdom and discernment for her parents to raise her in a Godly manner. My grandparents have prayed for me (and my siblings and family) daily for years, and I know that their efforts on my behalf have been worthwhile. It's very comforting to know that they have done that, and continue to do so. Hopefully, someday, the same thought will comfort Jet.

4. I think all feet (even my own) are yucky, except for Jet's. I love his cute toes, and love to kiss them (after he gets out of the bath). I even requested that my bridesmaids wear closed-toed shoes at my July wedding because I didn't want people to have to look at toes on the stage. (I know, that one is ridiculous, and I really wasn't Bridezilla, I promise.)

5. If I knew we could provide for all of them, financially and emotionally, I'd have half a dozen kids. Or more.

6. To follow up with #1, I also have an unhealthy obsession with The Container Store. Fortunately, the closest one is a 45-minute drive. I dream of winning the lottery, walking into the store and saying, "Yes, I'll have one of everything, and please come set it ALL up in my NEW house that has eleventy thousand closets in it."

7. I have to change the channel when I see one of those adopt-a-starving-kid commercials. They really get to me. I actually cried at the news stories of all the orphans after the hurricanes. I don't want to think about them because it raises all of the "Why, God?!?" questions. I know God is in control, but I don't want to dwell on the things that hurt.

8. I'm always thinking about my teaching. It runs in the background of my mind. Everything I see gets evaluated for possible integration into my lesson plans.

9. Most of my life, I have not liked chocolate. I liked it in small amounts, like in a Snickers bar, for example. Mostly, though, I haven't liked chocolate. Until recently. Suddenly, I really like it, and it ticks me off. I've always smugly reasoned that I was better than the chocoholics out there because that was one battle I didn't have to fight. No more. *sigh* Pride goeth before fall, or weight gain, or something like that.

10. Last, but not least, I can't stand loose hairs. I've never cleaned out a hairbrush or a comb. Once, Beezneez cleaned mine out for me but left the clump of hair on the brush as a prank. I didn't notice, and when I picked it up, the hair tumbled over my hand and down my arm to my elbow. I actually threw up. Honestly. Knight is wonderful because he cleans out my hairbrushes.

2 comments:

Ry said...

OK, number 10 made me laugh. I'm sorry you threw up, but the way you told it was funny!

I sooooooo adore the fact that you pray for Jet's future ladies. What a beautiful thing to do. I pray for my children all the time (and everyone else I cant think of), but I don't think I have ever done that, and it's a beautiful idea! I do think of their future spouses and so hope that they are Godly men. I guess praying about it would be the first step. If I do nothing else in life, raising Godly women, I will consider to be a success.

I love that you did this. These were great. There was another one I wanted to comment on, but can't think of it now.

Ry said...

OH! Number 2 made me laugh, and I'm with you on number 5!