Monday, February 19, 2007

Champagne taste on a beer budget...

... this is my problem.

Knight and I are toying with the idea of taking a weekend vacation. We'd like someplace within driving distance, an affordable (but nice) hotel room, and one nice place to eat. I'd like to stay two nights. We are considering San Antonio.

So, today being President's Day and all, I thought I'd look online to see about hotel rates. (Again, please email me if you see a connection.) Well! According to hotels.com, one is not allowed to stay near the Riverwalk unless one can shell out $200 a night for a room. Now, I don't really know what I expected, but I can tell you that wasn't it.

This would be really nice, but I think I'd die a slow death while I was there, thinking about how much it cost for each second that we slept there.

How does one create a Deluxe Standard Room? Is it Deluxe or is it Standard?

I'm also a firm believer that you get what you pay for, (unless you have a really, really great coupon or something) so we won't be staying here.

Things aren't any brighter at expedia.com.

I think I'll email the Lovely Mir at WantNot. She always has fabulous ideas, and she's pretty.

No comments: