Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy Birthday!

So... Blogger publishes posts with the time that they were started. I started this on the morning of the 22nd, and kept coming back to it all day long. It is now the evening of the 23rd. I thought I would be able to throw this together and publish it and honor my dad nicely for his birthday. It was harder to do than I thought it would be, though much of that could be attributed to my perfectionistic tendencies.

Anyway, I finally finished it. Happy (belated) Birthday, Daddy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is my Dad's birthday. I shopped a couple of different places for a birthday card for him, but was feeling kinda tired of the store-bought, canned birthday wishes. I did finally settle on one that said he's a wonderful dad, in spite of how he may not get all the recognition he deserves, which is very, very true, and I agree with every word it said. Knight and I both signed it and I helped Jet sign it... but I thought I'd do something a little more personal.

Hilarious
Admirable
Prosperous (in more ways than one)
Praying man
Youthful

Best PaPa ever
Inspirational
Real doctor
Thoughtful
Honorable
Debonair
Advice-giving (good advice, and with good timing, too!)
Yummy steak-griller

Thank you for being such a wonderful Daddy and PaPa. Sometimes when I watch you playing with Jet, or reading to him, or watching videos on your phone with him, I get all teary-eyed. I finally understand what you really mean when you tell me that you love me. Thank you for loving me and thank you for saying it so often.

Thank you for partnering with Mom to guide me through life, for being an incredible role model, and for having a sense of humor throughout it all.

I love you (MOAF).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love You, too.
Thanks for the b'day wishes.