Thursday, May 17, 2007

The best 20 bucks I've ever spent. Ever.

Remember The Plan? Getting Jet to sleep in his own bed? Yeah, we've still been working on that. It hadn't been going so well.

Then, a week or two ago, we got the brilliant idea to play some music whilst patting him to sleep. So, I filled my Ipod with some nice, gentle Christian music, and Knight hooked it up to some speakers in Jet's room. It helped a little, but not much. I've been browsing online to see how much small CD players/boom boxes cost. They're around $30 or so, from what I could find. That was a little more than I wanted to spend, for some reason, so I waited...

Tonight, I was at Target and they had a cheap one on sale for $20. I've been so frustrated with having to sit and pat for 20-30 minutes that I broke down and bought it. I already had a CD that I thought would work.

When I got home, Knight told me that, when he went to pick up Jet today (during nap time - he spiked a fever, but more on that later), they play music for them to go to sleep. We already knew that, but he found out that they play it really loud. Much, much louder than we do, to keep them from being disturbed by other noises going on in the school.

So, I plugged in the CD player and started the music - much louder than would be comfortable for me if I were trying to sleep. Jet argued for about 2 seconds before he climbed in bed. I started to pat him, but realized that I hadn't given him any Tylenol recently (to help with the fever). So, I told him to stay in bed while I got the medicine.

He did, and took his medicine like a champ (he's always been good about this). I left to put the dropper back in the kitchen. When I started back toward his room, I decided to not go back in and sat in the living room instead. I didn't even close his door because I didn't want him to see me. I wanted to give him a chance to fall asleep on his own.

The little booger DID IT. He didn't come out ONE SINGLE TIME. Hallelujah!!!!!! The heavens opened, light shone down, and angels sang -- this is the most excited I've been about something he's done in a loooooooong time. Mostly, it's probably because it gives me real hope that maybe we've found The Secret in getting The Plan to actually work! Yay! (If not, please, please don't burst my bubble. I think I'm actually too excited to go to sleep now.)

1 comment:

Ry said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!