Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What is this "resolution" of which you speak?

I'm still on Weight Watchers, and am down a total of 16.4 pounds since August. That includes a few slip-ups (namely, the hedonistic Thanksgiving Week that shall no longer be mentioned), as well as some half-hearted attempts at exercising.

I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions. However, my sister's boyfriend, Dr. Soon-To-Be, FINALLY popped the question a few weeks ago. Yay!!! We're really excited for them. He's a wonderful, Christian young man who has an amazing talent for putting up with Beezneez's antics. They're a fantastic couple, and I pray for a very fulfilling marriage for them.

Back to the point... I have until May 17th to do my very best to look good in this bridesmaid's dress (the chocolate brown one on the right). I think it's a gorgeous choice, and not at all the taffeta nightmare that it could have been. I also have a complete and total understanding that I will never look like that heroin-addicted waif that has been so artfully airbrushed into that impossible shape.

Therefore, my goal is very simple -- I will do my dead-level best to lose forty pounds over the next five months. We brought home an exercise bike from my grandparents' place after Thanksgiving, and one of the steps to my goal is to ride it for twenty minutes, three times a week, for the next two weeks. I'll step it up a little after that. I've also purchased two-pound hand weights because, in case you missed it, that dress is sleeveless. Beezneez has graciously offered to choose some wraps for us to wear, so my arms won't be completely exposed. I've already started with the arm workouts. I missed today, though. Oops.

I don't plan to turn this into a weight-loss blog, but it is something that is important to me. I'm feeling good from my one-pound weight loss over the week of Christmas (can you believe THAT?!? Luck, I tell you.).

All of that to say that I don't really have a New Year's Resolution, except to keep doing what I've been doing, and do it a little better.

1 comment:

Ry said...

You know what would nake you look like that heroine addict, don't you...bwa ha ha.

I want to lose some more wight too. I suck at exercising, but I'm good with reading labels!