Monday, June 18, 2007

Britain's Got Talent

Have you seen these? They're incredible. You have to watch them all the way through.

First, there's the completely adorable 6-year-old Connie singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow. It brings tears to my eyes to hear her, and you could have heard a pin drop in the audience. Listen to Simon at the end -- he really is human!

Then Paul Potts,a car phone salesman, blows away the judges with his opera singing. I don't know for sure, but from some of the comments I saw on YouTube, I think he may have won the whole competition.

There's also Craig and his baton twirling. His story is sad to me, because he hid his dream from his parents. At the end, one of the judges asks him how it makes him feel, and his reply is that when he's doing his baton twirling, he sort of shuts off the rest of the world. He says that he loves what he does. There's one really good close up of his face in the middle of his performance, and you can really see that he's loving it. Watch for it.

I just thought these were so cool -- I wanted to share!

No comments: