Monday, May 7, 2007

Three weeks and counting

Technically, I have two full weeks of teaching/reviewing and then exam week, and exam days are half-days. Yippee!!!

Except for the fetal pig dissections for my anatomy class, I'm not giving any more labs. The anatomy class is great, though, because they'll get everything out and clean up after themselves everyday. I don't have to do a thing.

I'm so ready for summer, when I'll finally be able to catch up on housework. My first big goal, though, is to get Jet potty-trained. He's so very ready, but I don't have enough days in a row to really work on it. Just last night, he was sitting in my lap watching a movie. Twice, he said, kind of panicky, "I'm tinkelin'! I'm tinkelin'!" and then he'd run into the bathroom and finish his business in the toilet. It made me laugh, though.

We made another trip to the library yesterday, where Jet picked out three or four books. Mommy and Daddy picked up some books, too. My granny used to take me to the library a lot when I was a kid, and I loved it. We're looking forward to establishing that same love in Jet. The library is going to have several things that I can take Jet to go do this summer, which is lovely because the library has AIR CONDITIONING. That's a priority around here!

Knight actually starts selling in his new job today. Up to this point, he's been working on IT stuff for his new boss. I'm praying he has a great first day. He's set some good goals for himself, I think... not that I know the first thing about selling or quotas, but the money part looks good! :)

Off to work ... only two Mondays left after today! Is it sad that the teachers count down with more excitement than the kids?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course, I love the fact that you are taking your precious son to the library. After all, that's what it's there for, isn't it?
Yes, I took you, but several years--some 20 +--ago, I also took your dad. He and your uncle loved it and I believe still love books. If you instill a love of reading in your child, you give him a priceless gift.
LYMOAF