Wednesday, March 14, 2007

"Before" pics

Here is the sidewalk photo:

I'm talking about the part on the other side of the sidewalk. Too narrow to mow; must be dealt with before it becomes a jungle. My mom has plenty of rocks I could use to line the area. I think that will come in handy because we don't have gutters, and the drip line is just inside the sidewalk. Placing the rocks on the drip line will hopefully help keep the rain from pounding down that part of the ground, and also keep the mulch from flooding out.

I know I want to put rosemary on the end closest to the front door. Mom has some near her front door, and I absolutely love the fragrance of it. Plus, it'll be easily accessed from the kitchen.
I browsed the grocery store, looking at the herbs. I want to hang a container over the railing of the back deck for those. I like the look of this one, but not the price.

Here's the back deck, for those who are curious:
It's been raining for three days, so I haven't done much with the gardening, but I'm hoping to do some stuff on Friday. Mom says I can just put newspaper over the grass and poke holes in it where I want to plant stuff. Then I cover it with mulch, and the grass won't poke through. Sounds easy enough, huh? I'm looking forward to it.

Next up on my list was to paint Jet's room. Here's what it looks like as of 10:00 this morning:



I think I have my work cut out for me on that one. I'm going to clean up and tape in there today; hopefully tomorrow it will dry out and I can paint. I don't think it'll take that long once I get a the furniture moved and a dropcloth down.

And, for grins, one "after" pic:

Peace.

No comments: