Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Okay, so I sorta meant it...

I guess I'd better be more careful what I wish for. Fortunately, the doctor said it was "one of any of a million viruses", and not the flu or strep or anything else serious. Hopefully that means that I can fight it without a fever.

I really wouldn't have minded being sick instead of Jet, but I don't much care for being sick with Jet. I think he may be over it, though. When he crawled into bed with us sometime last night, he wasn't feverish at all. In fact, he was cool and clammy, as if it had just broken.

However, I was kept awake after 4:00 by the sounds of both of my wonderful men snoring -- Knight in his way that I've learned to sleep through and that can be comforting, and Jet with his congestion that made me wonder if he had stopped breathing every two minutes. I very seriously considered recording them with our camera -- even if it was too dark to see it, the audio would have been great.

Anyway, it's off to work for me. I got about three hundred loads of laundry done and put away yesterday, which means there's only two loads left. Knight and I are splitting the day today, so I'll come home at noon. Part of me says "Yay! More time with Jet!" and part of me says "Oh, man, how am I ever going to catch up at work?". Oh, well. It'll work out.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Isn't it tough when that happens? sick together gets (a little) easier when they're older. Thanks for de-lurking, fellow teacher!