Saturday, February 10, 2007

Lazy Saturday

This past week was crazy, with Jet and me both being sick. Plus, we had a "showcase night" at school on Thursday evening -- it's for prospective families to come see what our school is about. Therefore, we all have to put our best foot (feet?) forward and glad-hand and make the school look its best. That's all well and good, except that I was trying to catch up from missing a day and a half and I was sick. So, I didn't get home until 9:30 on Thursday.

Last night, we went to Blockbuster and rented a few movies. We watched One Night with the King, and I thought it was great. I studied the book of Esther a couple of years ago with the women's Bible study at our church, and I thought the movie stuck to the story pretty well.

Knight went for a walk first thing this morning, and I was proud of him. So proud, in fact, that I went back to bed about 10:30. I never do that, but I was falling asleep sitting up in the chair in the living room. I think I was still recovering from this week. I slept until noon, then showered, but didn't bother with hair or make-up, and that was wonderful!

Jet and I watched some TV and ate lunch.

Then Knight went to bed and slept for three and a half hours. Jet and I played football, colored pictures, played play-doh, ate popsicles, and cuddled while we watched Monsters, Inc.

Loads of laundry haven't been done, floors haven't been vacummed, (dishes were washed, though, thanks to Knight), and bathrooms haven't been cleaned. Today, however, was wonderful.

1 comment:

Ry said...

Sounds like a fun, relaxing, playful, day!
I might have to check out that movie!