Monday, July 2, 2007

Jet's birthday party

... was over a week ago. It was great, even though I chickened out on the cake. I did, however, sell the car mentioned in that same post. I doubled my money on it, too, and bought Jet some Veggie Tales DVD's. I got a heck of a deal on them, I might add.

First, I had received a 50% off coupon for Veggie Tales DVD's from Family Christian Stores. Go sign up on their website, and you'll get their snail mail newsletter, including some great coupons. I read the coupon carefully -- it didn't have any restrictions, so I thought it could be used for more than one DVD. When I got to the store, they had several of the Veggie Tales DVDs on sale for $8.97 (down from $15.99). I picked up four of them, as well as three bargain books for me (at buy two, get one free), and a $5 T-shirt. I also had a 25% off of one item coupon, and a 50% off of one item coupon. The nice girl at the checkout applied all of the coupons just like I wanted her to... and I walked out with 4 Veggie Tales DVDs, three books and a T-shirt for about $22. Yay!

Jet's Aunt Deanna and her family came over, we grilled burgers, opened presents and ate cake. It was perfect!!

My baby boy was ushered into three-year-old-dom in fine style. :P

3 comments:

Lady M said...

I haven't watched the Veggie Tales videos before, but I'm fond of anthropomorphic vegetables, so I probably should. Latest craft purchase - a cube plush cabbage with smiley face.

ann said...

do tell - what cake did you make? or did someone else? or did you buy one? what happened w/ the cake?

oh - the suspense!

Damsel said...

Ann, Jet helped me make a chocolate cake (he likes to dump the ingredients into the bowl and help hold the hand mixer). It had vanilla frosting, and I bought a package of sugar balloon decorations that he put on it. I took a picture, and I'll post it as soon as I can find the USB cord for the camera! :)

P.S. I don't think I'll ever buy a cake... I just can't stand paying $17 for one when I can make one for about $3! Plus, I usually hate that grocery store frosting. Blech.