Thursday, May 31, 2007

No, really, I'm married!

I'm not wearing my wedding ring these days. I love the ring (and my husband!), but I've started having some sort of reaction to it.

The inside of the ring has "I love you" cut out of the band underneath the diamonds, which is the reason why Knight bought it. Something is going on, though, because the skin on my ring finger under that portion of the ring started chafing. Because I refused to quit wearing the ring, eventually it got really bad, swelling and oozing yucky stuff. I know, it's gross!

I quit wearing it last Saturday, and my finger is healing. It's still scarred, but I'm hoping it heals well. I'm going to take it to a jeweler today to see what's up. Maybe he can coat the inside of the ring with something clear so I can still see the "I love you".

I feel really naked without the ring, though, especially when I'm out with Knight and Jet. I know that people probably don't look as often as I think they do, but I don't want them to think we're not married. Knight doesn't wear his ring -- all of my good home cookin' has made the ring shrink mysteriously. :)

Anyway, I hope my ring can be fixed easily (and cheaply!).

1 comment:

Ry said...

UGH! I hate that feeling, too!!

I can't wear mine 24/7. I could, but, my skin gets soooo dry. When I wash my hands, I have to take my ring off and dry the inside of it and my finger. It's easier just to wear it when we have company and when I leave the house.